Saturday, February 4, 2012

Deliciousness

This post truly is aptly named.  Over the past couple of days I've compiled a collection of photos of Sarah and my delicious days - a small snap shot of the deliciousness we WON'T be enjoying for a week.


Let me clear something up here... I love food.  A lot.  One of my favourite things to do is enjoy a good meal, with a good wine, with good friends.  I've been brought up... a tad spoiled as far as my palette goes.  Oysters - high up there on my favourites.  Just this morning for breakfast we had smoked trout, eggs, fried tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and coffee.


Of course I'm not writing this to talk about how wonderful my breakfast was.  This is just to give you an idea of how much better off ANYONE who is reading this blog is than 1.4 billion people who live below the poverty line.  I am writing this to illustrate how unfair this world is, and to show that if we can make a difference, no matter how small, how dare we not?  Is $10 a week out of your pay going to change much from your life?  Probably not.  That $10 a week to someone else has the power change their world.


Anyway, onwards with the food.  I'll put the appropriate name next to the meal.


Emily - Spaghetti Bolognese

Emily - Cappucino and a Citrus Custard Slice

Emily - One of my more... indulgent snacks.  Vegemite and cheese toasted

Emily - Fettucini Bolognese 

Emily - Hawaiian Pizza

Emily - Chicken Schnitzel, mushroom sauce, salad...

Sarah (thank god I was starting to feel a bit tubby)- Cappucino

Sarah - A half eaten before photo epic breakfast

Sarah - Fish and chips, tartare sauce

Sarah - Scrambled eggs, salad, on rye bread

Sarah - Burger with avocado

Emily - pop tarts (cookies and cream) and morning coffee.

Emily - One of the best Merlot's I've had in a long time.

Have I made my point? I think so.

Thanks for reading.

:)





No comments:

Post a Comment